"All language is but a poor translation."
Franz Kafka

Monday, October 4, 2010

I have just barely finished watching this film and I cannot contain myself. This film has, for me at least, revived any passion I have ever felt for cinema and film making. Sheer brilliance on all levels (perhaps this opinion is premature given I have yet had the chance to come out of this high its taken me to)! No praise is enough. It deserves, in my opinion, the highest distinctions for the breathtaking and outstanding performances and impeccable story telling ... I don't even have the words to express my impression, only the goosebumps on my arms to show what I am feeling right now. If I could share my appreciation for the film, I would stand before the entire team that put forth this film and applaud them individually, until my hands tire, for it is truly a stroke of celluloid beauty they've gifted us. If you haven't yet, I think  you owe to yourself to watch... RAAJNEETI.

To me this film is a raw and enticing exhibition of the darkest facet of man, as tainted by greed and hunger for power. It is unapologetic in its approach and so impeccably real that it lures you into its world. Human animosity could not have been painted in a more exquisite manner. It engages you in the emotions that its character are feeling and calls you to think. I loved it and WILL watch it again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment