"All language is but a poor translation."
Franz Kafka

Friday, August 13, 2010




Q. What does painting mean to you - freedom, expression, meditation, communication, salvation..?
A. When you paint, you're in a zone. I always meditate before I start working: it's all about concentration. You have to let go, you have to be totally involved and focused and aware of what's going on between you and the painting. In a sense, you become this channel of emotions, and transpose them into the canvases: starting with something that doesn't exist, plain white, and creating a character, a light, an emotion from scratch. It kind of has a spiritual aspect to it, so I try be open minded and available, not trying to control the whole thing. I just let it come to me. 



CORNO

No comments:

Post a Comment