"All language is but a poor translation."
Franz Kafka

Saturday, May 1, 2010



go figure


so oddly enough I went to Villa today. I know right?!
My mom had me drop off something at the office for my sister.

The walk up the avenue was weird... It wasn't too long after school had officially let out for the day but as usual the girls lingered the corridors and green grasses doing homework, harassing one another if not the teachers and socializing cause besides... going home only meant homework. I remember.

But the weather was lovely and so the walk wasn't too bad... I remembered how I used to time myself and judge how late I would be everyday... I ran up the avenue more than walked. Ms. Leddy and her blue slips with the threat of potential, and ever so dreaded demerit points. BAH!

So I walk up and buzz in (apparently they've tightened security around the school because of the Dawson incident and since finding out that it was a target at one point). The voice that answers is all to familiar, Mrs. Lucia... I missed her so much! Would she remember me?

"Gayathri right? Gayathri Kathiresu" I was stunned to say the least. People hardly remember my name, and my full name at that? I was left speechless. I handed her the documents and she listed my sisters which was amusing... and then she paused. "You look different. You seem different. Not so shy anymore"

I don't know how she managed to remember me but also the way I was? She stared at me a lot with a smile... a lot like my mom does... without the smile of course. I felt at home... It was home. I promised her I would visit her and actually muster up the decency to follow through on this promise once heard before.

*sigh*

After that I literally left with a smile on my face and a feeling of belonging... I'm weird.

The rest of the day was spent with my lovely ladies at Juliette & Chocolat (YUM! Not a fan of chocolate but this place is gorgeous and absolutely amazing! You should go if you get the chance) and then walking around the core of my beautiful city. It's finally starting to sink in that vacation time is here... I can't wipe the smile off my face! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

night blog
PEACE.

ps. we lost the first game of round 2... fear not! we will do better. (sorry sidney, i love you)

No comments:

Post a Comment